[XFCE4 CVS] minor updates

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Wed Sep 18 15:22:28 CEST 2002

Hi ZeDek,

Xavier MAILLARD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As promised, configuration is now handled for the clock module.
>
> We can now store/read the xfce4rc file to get the clock module
> configuration and we can in the configuration dialog apply/revert
> changes.

Thanks.

> Note that the write_config/read_config are only done once a panel
> session. Actually the read process is done at init time and the
> write_config is done when exiting the panel. This may change in not so
> far future. Don't report any bugs due to a no-write/read process "on the
> fly" whenever you quit the clock configuration dialog.

Huh, what do you mean? User's don't notice read/write activity. It is
saved as often as needed and as little as possible. If not that's a bug!

> The bugs related to display problem have not been succesfully
> fixed/tested for me (yet) so I prefer not to commit the things.
> A beginning of a solution may have been found thanks to jasper but I
> didn't get time to try/apply it.

Don't worry too much. There will be an API addition to deal with
variable width modules. Basically modules get the change to tell the
panel their minimum width and height.

> Please report any problem related to clock configuration either in the
> ML (prefered way) or directly to me. Another way to contact me or any
> member of the xfce core team is IRC (irc.openprojects.net #xfce).

heheh, the xfce core team, eh? I wonder who that may be.

Thanks,
	Jasper