minor xfce4 CVS update

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Sep 17 09:49:48 CEST 2002

Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:45:26 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>

>>Here's my unofficial policy at the moment. It's ok to commit changes
>>if:* it's code you wrote yourself or related to a feature you added
>>* it's an obviously correct fix
>>* we discusssed it and I said it was ok to commit
>>* you are Olivier Fourdan ;-)
>

> Why don't you put this into a HACKING document in the src tree? You
> could also add things like the 'indent' options that correspond to the
> formatting style of your code and another relevant guidelines. Some
> coding standards to follow would be helpful.

That's a good idea, I'll do that. For the indentation: there is a file
.indent.pro in the xfwm4 dir, which reflects Olivier's coding style
preferences and which is what I use as well. I may have added '-l80' at
the end, because I don't really like lines to go on forever, but I'm not
sure.

>>3) panel positioning in the dialog must offer some more options
>

> Why don't we just remove it from the dialog? Why not have the panel be
> "attracted" to certain positions when it is moved? The "attraction"
> could be switched on or off in the dialog.

Hmm, I have to think about that some more. Interesting, but more complex.

> -- b

Jasper