xfnautilus

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 12 05:09:50 CET 2002

On 11 Nov 2002 19:42:52 -0600, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> I just uploaded xfnautilus to the xfce-devel CVS tree.
>
> I spent about a week working on xfsamba-2, and what resulted was a
> tree application that will combine xftree, xfsamba and xfglob in one
> window to ease double-click, dnd, program asociation, etc. I think it
> also could have a tasks folder where you can see minimized icons. I
> called it xfnautilus because I started using some pretty icons from
> nautilus.

That's great! Can't wait to pull it down. I don't like the name, though.
Makes it sound like it is a derivative program. Why not xftree4 ?

> The gui is built entirely with glade-2, so that it is easy for anybody
> to change or modify.
>
> At the moment I'm rebuilding the xftree stuff from scratch. I've fixed
> the problem with filtering remote NFS (or non GNU). I've also got a
> new idea about how to handle trash. (put a waste basket in any folder
> that needs it and have a janitor collect the trash to the main trash
> bin and empty it out whenever told).

I think people may have issues with folders being created all over the
place. What is the main advantage of this approach?

-- b

--
Linux Bangalore/2002 "Technology for a Free World" December 3/4/5, 2002
                    http://linux-bangalore.org/2002