screenshot new panel

Jasper Huijsmans j.b.huijsmans at hetnet.nl
Mon May 13 00:16:53 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I put up a teaser screenshot of the new panel at

http://www.chem.rug.nl/huysmans/screenshot20020512.jpg

In the screenshot you see two panels. The one on the bottom is the new
gtk2 version and the one at the top is the old version.

A few things that are of interest:
* It looks pretty much the same. This is intentional.
* The clock sucks. It's just a test program.
* I don't get enough e-mail ;-) But if I do it will show on the panel.
  This is an external plugin loaded through the g_module_* API of GTK.
* The trashcan module shows the number of files in the trash and their
  collective size.
* The configuration is read from an xml file. Buzz, buzz, buzz...
* xfwm4 is cool! And it works like a charm with the new panel.
* Sweden is a nice country to go on holiday (I'm talking about the
  background image for people who thought I completely lost my senses
  ;-).

Jasper