[libxfce4mcs] Errors building rpms

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Mon Dec 30 13:42:05 CET 2002

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 07:13:44 -0500, David Watts wrote:

> I tried using your patches but only one was sucessful.I'm wondering
> why should I use rpms and libxfce4mcs I'm not having trouble with
> either.

My post is a bug report with a *partial* fix. Not relevent if you are
not building rpms.

> My problem is that I can't build xfwm4.
>
> ./configure: line 4729: syntax error near unexpected token
> `BASE_DEPENDENCIES,' ./configure: line 4729:
> `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(BASE_DEPENDENCIES, glib-2.0
> >=
> $GLIB_REQUIRED_VERSION gtk+-2.0 >= $GTK_REQUIRED_VERSION pango >=
> $PANGO_REQUIRED_VERSION libxfcegui4-1.0 >=
> $LIBXFCEGUI4_REQUIRED_VERSION)' make: *** [config.status] Error 2

You need to build and install libxfcegui4 and libxfce4mcs before
building either xfce4 or xfwm4. The error here is that pkg-config cannot
find the .po files that define libxfcegui4 and libxfce4mcs. You need to
either set a PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable or install the
libraries where pkg-config can find them. On Red Hat this can be done by
doing a ./configure --prefix=/usr

HTH,

-- b