XFDeskMenu alpha release

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Fri Aug 16 09:17:22 CEST 2002

Hi all,

I have just put up the first alpha release of XFDeskMenu at:

http://www.symonds.net/~botsie/projects.php

It is basically a merger of Ken Lynch's DeskMenu and Jasper's xfmenu
2.0. It is currently functional. It's most important features with
respect to XFce4 are :

	* easy access to GNOME and KDE menus.
	* easy access to iconised windows.

The big gotcha is that currently it only works properly when compiled
against GTK 1.2. As far as I can make out, the problems with the GTK 2.0
version are related to GTK bugs. I need to confirm this, though.

The current code will compile against either version, just make the
appropriate changes in the Makefile.

Flames or cribs to either this list or to me personally.

-- botsie