XFDeskMenu alpha release

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 16 09:25:14 CEST 2002

At 12:47 PM 8/16/02 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have just put up the first alpha release of XFDeskMenu at:
>
>http://www.symonds.net/~botsie/projects.php
>
>It is basically a merger of Ken Lynch's DeskMenu and Jasper's xfmenu
>2.0. It is currently functional. It's most important features with
>respect to XFce4 are :
>
>         * easy access to GNOME and KDE menus.
>         * easy access to iconised windows.

This is great news! I almost can't wait to go and test it. Unfortunately I
have an important meeting today, so I can't do anything else until tonight.

>The big gotcha is that currently it only works properly when compiled
>against GTK 1.2. As far as I can make out, the problems with the GTK 2.0
>version are related to GTK bugs. I need to confirm this, though.

The chance that GTK2 has a bug where GTK1 hasn't, in the same function that
is, is not so big, I think, but it's always possible :)

>The current code will compile against either version, just make the
>appropriate changes in the Makefile.
>
>Flames or cribs to either this list or to me personally.
>
>-- botsie

Thanks a lot for your contribution,
         Jasper