builtins

Jasper Huijsmans huysmans at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 2 08:39:28 CEST 2002

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 00:25:58 +0200
Xavier MAILLARD <zedek at fxgsproject.org> wrote:

> Just a comment about plugins organization.
>
> I think it would be better to have a builtins directory in which we
> would find all our builtins module. This is just to be consistent with
> the way plugins are/will (be) organized.

I don't agree. They're not separate things, they are _built in_. Plugins
and themes are separate packages and so they get their own subdir.

There won't be many built-in modules, just very simple basic ones like
the clock and the waste basket. Actually the simple mailchecker fits
here as well, but I made that a plugin as an example implementation and
proof of concept.

I don't think there will be anymore of them, so the file remains easy
enough to read.

I prefer the directory structure to be as flat as possible, so that
means no superfluous src directory.

Jasper