A couple of comments on xfce4

Biju Chacko botsie at myrealbox.com
Sun Aug 4 10:35:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've been using xfce4 for about a week now. Aside from a few minor
hassles building it, I've not had any problems at all. It has been very
stable and has not crashed at all AFAIK.

Minor cribs:

1. In the "Change Item" dialog box that is displayed when right-clicking
the icons on the panel, I noticed a minor buglet. If no item has been
defined, the default icon type is "External". However, entry field for
the icon filename and it's corresponding browse button are disabled
until "External" is re-selected as the icon type.

2. Ctrl-U does not work in any of the text-fields to clear it.

3. "Productivity" is misspelled on Icon type drop-down menu. :-)

4. In the setup dialog , the button Position -> Default position -> Set,
is rather counter-intuitive. I expected it to use whatever was the
current position as the new default. I suggest that to change the button
caption to "Move back to default" or something similar.

5. A script to import the icons and menuitems from xfce3 would be nice.

Good work!

-- Biju