Gnome2 Session

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Mon Aug 5 22:21:39 CEST 2002

Jesse,

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 22:47, Jesse Wagner wrote:
> Greetings!  I really really love your wm xfwm4.  It really puts
> Metacity to shame.

;-) It shares some code with Metacity too. But the overall code in xfwm4
is a lot more simple IMHO.

> I am writing to ask about Gnome2.  It seems that xfwm4 doesn't show up
> in the Current Session tab so I can't have it startup with Gnome 2.
> Are there any solutions to this?

Not sure I understand your point here. What I do, when using GNOME2, is
to start gnomecc (from GNOME 1.4) and choose "add", then type xfwm4 as
command to start xfwm4.

> Also, how can I have invididual user settings?  I have found the
> settings file and themes folder in /usr/share/xfwm4/.  Can I just copy
> them to ~/.xfce or what?

Yes, correct. Depending on how you got xfwm4 installed, you should have
a README in /usr/share/doc/xfwm4*/ or in the source directory.

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
Olivier               <fourdan at xfce.org>            http://www.xfce.org
XFce is a lightweight  desktop  environment  for  various *NIX systems.