Clipman panel plugin incorrectly remembering mouse selections

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Jun 9 17:59:40 CEST 2023

Matt Connell <matt at connell.tech> writes:

>On Fri, 2023-06-09 at 10:18 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
>> Can the standard clipman package
>> from the repository (1.2.0_git20200218.39fd4fe-2) be installed parallel
>> to xfce4-clipman and used on Xubuntu?

>Disclaimer: not an Ubuntu user

>I don't have the issue you described using 1.6.2, built on 2021-07-06,
>nor on 1.6.3 that I built today to try to reproduce the problem.  I
>don't have any specified USE flags, so both versions are built with
>only "-qrcode" which is the default specified in the ebuild.

>I can't guide you towards what's necessary to build clipman from
>source, but I think this can lend some evidence that the problem is
>specific to Ubuntu's packaged version, rather than a bug in clipman
>being exposed.

Matt:

I'll build the underlying clipman utility and try it out manually
if you can point me to the proper source repository.  I see the
xfce4-clipman-plugin source but I'm unclear about the clipman utility
itself which I would like to run divorced from the panel plugin.

By the way, the diodon utilility works just fine on Xubuntu 22.04 except
that it doesn't remember which window launched it.  If you have two adjacent
terminals and the pop-up clip window overlaps both, then the selection is
pasted into which ever window the mouse happens to be over when the pop-up
window is dismissed.  :-(   This problem does not occur with xfce4-clipman

Regards,
--
Jeffery Small