Clipman panel plugin incorrectly remembering mouse selections

Matt Connell matt at connell.tech
Fri Jun 9 18:23:24 CEST 2023

On Fri, 2023-06-09 at 15:59 +0000, Jeffery Small wrote:
> I'll build the underlying clipman utility and try it out manually
> if you can point me to the proper source repository.  I see the
> xfce4-clipman-plugin source but I'm unclear about the clipman utility
> itself which I would like to run divorced from the panel plugin.

I believe you get the whole shebang from the same repository.  The
.desktop files that are installed contain the following line:

Exec=xfce4-clipman

... and according to Portage, the xfce-extra/xfce4-clipman-plugin
package is the owner of the following (relevant to your interests,
there are others not listed) files:

/usr/bin/xfce4-clipman
/usr/bin/xfce4-clipman-history
/usr/bin/xfce4-clipman-settings
/usr/bin/xfce4-popup-clipman
/usr/lib64/xfce4/panel/plugins/libclipman.so

... and of the list above, only the last file is specific to the panel
plugin, so building the source from the gitlab repository[1] should
give you what you're looking for.  Maybe you could build this from
source and just replace the xfce4-clipman binary program on your
system?

1: https://gitlab.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-clipman-plugin/