Newbie - Clipman doesn't work after 4.18 upgrade

vrgovinda vrgovinda at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 31 03:28:32 CEST 2023

Hi,
I recently upgraded to Xfce 4.18 via my distribution [Devuan] upgrade channel.

Even though Clipman is enabled in 'Session and Startup' and no settings have been changed, Clipman mysteriously doesn't record the copied text. 'Copy-paste' action works through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

But the copied text is not accessible in Clipman's plugin in the taskbar.
Strangely, sometimes, the text shows up in the plugin only to get deleted the next time I click the plugin.

If someone can guide me how to reproduce the clipman-settings as text here, it can help in troubleshooting.

Regards,
vrgovinda