Panel window buttons row size

Andrzej andrzejr at xfce.org
Tue Jan 10 11:58:12 CET 2023

On 10/01/2023 08:52, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> I've been using XFCE for a long time and I've always had a bottom
> panel with "Windows Buttons" on two rows.
> I.e.:
> Having panel preference: display: row size = 50, number of rows=1,
> there were always two rows of windows buttons.

I assume you meant rows=2?

> Some days ago, I moved to XFCE 4.18 and now windows button are laid in
> a single row, unless I increase row size to at least 64.
> Is there a way to get this back as it was before?

I cannot comment on details, as I am yet to deploy Xfce 4.18 myself. But
it was my addition originally (along with the deskbar mode) and, since I
was not involved in work on 4.18, this feature might have received a bit
less attention than before.

Row size >= 64 looks a bit too big to be explained by padding or minimum
available icon size but, as I said, I do not know the details.

Thanks,

Andrzej