Issues with 4.16.2 on Slackware64-15.0 [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 23 17:59:18 CEST 2023

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> What are the steps you did, that failed to provide what you want to get?

On my desktop's 4.14 xfce Settings -> Panel has three tabs: Display,
Appearance, and Items. I missed seeing that on the 4.16 version on the
laptop. I've now added the Workspace Switcher to panel 2 and all's well.

Thanks.

>> 2) My /home director has, so far, a few directories defined. On the Display
>> settings I've turned off all menus and options. Why do I see icons for each
>> directory in ~/ and a USB flash drive when it's installed? I prefer an empty
>> desktop (I'll find wallpapers for it) with only panel2 and gkrellem running.

I fixed this: Settings -> Desktop -> Icons -> checkbox to turn them off.

Regards,

Rich