thunar: bind sendto action to shortcut key?

Alex acs82 at gmx.de
Sun Oct 2 21:51:39 CEST 2022

Am 02.10.22 um 19:43 schrieb Ulli Horlacher:
> On Sun 2022-10-02 (12:57), Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>>> I have created a "sendto" custom action for thunar [...]
>>> I can call it with [right mouse button] -> "Send To" -> "fexmail"
>>>
>>> (How) can I bind it to a shortcut key, e.g. [Ctrl] F ?
>>>
>> https://docs.xfce.org/4.16/faq#how_to_configure_shortcutshotkeysmenu_accelerators
> "A number of Xfce applications (Thunar, for example) support the standard
>   GTK2 way of changing shortcuts: simply hover over the menu option with the
>   mouse pointer and press the keyboard shortcut you want to rebind it to."
>
> When I do this (pressing [Ctrl] F over "fexmail" menu entry), nothing
> happens.
>
> BTW: this is thunar 1.6.15
Interesting ... I did not think 1.6.x is still in use.

Afaik as well for 1.6.x there as well should be some file
~/.config/Thunar/accels.scm, which can edited 'by hand', like described
on the Wiki page.

(I suppose that hover-feature was somewhat lost with gtk3, though not
sure on that)

 > ....that are even not supported by the official repositories of a
rolling release major distro, such as

 > Arch Linux, let alone release model Linux distros or BSD, see below.

Well, it's a development version, no surpise on that. Though actually on
arch there is already a package for it:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/thunar-devel

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/exo-devel (etc.)

Cheers,  alexxcons