Display setting quirck with secondary display above primary

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:26:52 CEST 2022

I have recently phisically moved my external (secondary) display from
being on the right of my laptop (primary display) above it on a stand.

If in the display settings I put (by dragging it) the external display
above the laptop one (primary) all windows on the primary display move
to that external one. The only thing which remains as should are the two
(different) XFCE panels. I noticed that if I put the external display
_below_ the laptop one in the display manager windows remain on the main
one as expected, with the caveat that I need to move the mouse in
opposite directions of what is actually the physical world.

I noticed that this also happens if the external (seconday) display is
positioned _to the left_ of the primary one. Everything works as
expected if the external display is on the right of the primary one
(which I'm keeping as it is the configuration which works).

Any ideas?

Lorenzo