Cannot use Super key in combinations

Silvio Knizek killermoehre at gmx.net
Thu Jul 30 11:14:22 CEST 2020

Am Donnerstag, den 30.07.2020, 12:07 +0300 schrieb cloun:
> Hello. There is another problem in XFCE that I can spot.
>
> I cannot use the key <Super> (on most keyboards it is the good old
> Windows key) in the key combinations until the whisker-menu is bound to it.
>
> For example, if I keep the bond and want to use <Super>+D as a
> combination to show the desktop, I will end up with a desktop AND the
> menu. The same if I want to use <Super>+T as a combination to spawn a
> terminal window: the whisker opens as well.
>
> Suggestion: do not process key binds until they are all released. (But
> it may be hard to implement though, because as far as I reckon it is the
> default OnKeyPress behaviour than can be relied on heavily throughout
> the DE).

Hi,

the setting with the Super key is something specific to Mint, nothing
in the default settings (nothing you can even set with the default
tools).
The Mint project sets this binding hard via the global XML config for
Xfce in /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-keyboard-
shortcuts.xml

The general problem is that Xfce process key binds on key press, not on
key release. But there are plans to make this configurable in 4.16.

BR
Silvio