Prevent Thunar "Open with" to permanently change the default programme

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Fri Jul 10 16:02:46 CEST 2020

Hi,

Am 10.07.20 um 15:48 schrieb Lorenzo Sutton:

[...]

> There seems to be a caveat though: I cant seem to be able to eventually change
> that to something else. i.e. if I select the "default" checkbox for an
> application, then I do open with other application, select a different one and
> also select the "default" checkbox, the former application is kept as default?
>
> On the other hand if I edit by hand $HOME/.config/mimeapps.list and change the
> first instance of that mime type (i.e. its .desktop entry), that seems to work.
>
> Lorenzo.

It works the same way. But as for the mimeapps list, note there is also a nice
GUI for changing default applications via settings manager -> preferred
applications.

Regards,
Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'

PGP Key ID: 4FFFAB21B8580ABD
Fingerprint: E073 6DD8 FF40 9CF2 0665 11D4 4FFF AB21 B858 0ABD