Re: Checking window resizing for the application “Krita 4.4.1”

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:33:00 CET 2020

Hi,

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 at 10:20, Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring at web.de> wrote:

> > > I can resize the krita window just fine here,
>
> I can acknowledge this if I would use a session like “GNOME 3.38.2” or
> “KDE Plasma 5.20.4”.

I do not understand, does that mean you reproduce with those as well?

> > > within the limits the client window requires.
>
> I imagine that this aspect might need another look.

The size hints are set by the client.

> > Please note that krita sets a minimum size of 520 by 795 here,
>
> How did you determine such numbers?

xprop on the window, look for "program specified minimum size".

> which is quite large, especially if your screen is rather small,
>
> We got different views on size requirements.

That's not really the point, the question is does the minimum size of the
window fit in the screen, that's all.

> > maybe that's your issue?
>
> Does the XFCE panel influence the remaining space for the mentioned
> application window?

The panel can take some space on screen, yes, depending on where it's
placed and how it is configured.

Cheers
Olivier