Re: Checking window resizing for the application “Krita 4.4.1”

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Sun Dec 13 11:17:04 CET 2020

> > > I can resize the krita window just fine here,
> >
> > I can acknowledge this if I would use a session like “GNOME 3.38.2” or “KDE Plasma 5.20.4”.
>
> I do not understand,

I observe acceptable software behaviour for Krita 4.4.1 within these desktop sessions.

> does that mean you reproduce with those as well?

No. - Not yet. (The panels are smaller there so far.)

> xprop on the window, look for "program specified minimum size".

This tool gives me the information “490 by 962” here.

> > We got different views on size requirements.
>
> That's not really the point, the question is does the minimum size of the window fit in the screen, that's all.

Mostly.

* I chose to configure the XFCE panel in the way that four rows of window buttons
  should be displayed at the top of the screen.
  Thus this panel is 96 pixels high at least at the moment.

* My screen provides spaces for 1920 x 1080 pixels.

I might need to consider working with such a drawing/painting application
in portrait mode.

Regards,
Markus