right click on desktop; how to modify?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Wed Sep 6 07:40:11 CEST 2017

On 09/05/2017 09:34 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 16:08:01 -0700, ToddAndMargo wrote:
>> Those keystrokes do nothing on my computer.
>>
>> Now I have a whole collection of terminals in my right click
>> menu that open in various popular places over three servers
>> and one workstation now.  I am having way too much fun!
>>
>> The whole reason for a gui is so I can open MORE TERMINALS!!!
>> <maniacal laughter>
>
> Hi,
>
> on openbox I set up a shortcut to open a new roxterm tab [1].
> Xfce4-terminal has got a "tab" option, too [2]. The xfce window manager
> allows to customize shortcuts, too [3]. IOW what ever Linux environment
> you are using, you could expect similar, if not equal basic features.
>
> Did you take a look at the xfce4-termninal manual page? Did you even
> read the FAQ of the xfce wiki?
>
> Actually you are maniacally laughing about those who try to help you,
> by making their hands dirty for you.
>
> You have done nothing at all on your own and we got nothing but scorn
> and derision from you.
>
> If doing your homework is too much for you, migrate to another
> operating system.
>
> Even a user-friendly Linux distro requires self-responsibility and
> effort to customize it, as anything else in life.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1]
> $ grep -a2 -B2 roxterm .config/openbox/rc.xml
>      <keybind key="C-A-t">
>        <action name="Execute">
>          <command>roxterm --maximize --tab</command>
>        </action>
>      </keybind>
>
> [2]
> $ man xfce4-terminal | grep tab | tail -5 | cut -d\; -f1 | head -2
>         --tab
>             Open a new tab in the last-specified window
>
> [3]
> "Is it possible to change the default shortcut keys?
>
> Yes, of courseā€¦ Keyboard shortcuts are defined on two locations. The
> shortcuts to handle the window manager are defined in the Settings
> Manager > Window Manager Settings > Keyboard. The Default theme can not
> be changed, but when you add a theme you can change that one. More
> global keyboard shortcuts, like volume adjustements, can be found in
> Settings Manager > Keyboard Preferences > Shortcuts. Again you need to
> add a new theme before you can start customizing it." -
> https://wiki.xfce.org/faq

Hi Ralf,

I have been using Marshall's solution.  Now on three servers and one
workstation.  It is working superlative for me.  It did not mean
to discount your efforts.  I had just already found a workable
solution that I really liked.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I
thought I had made it apparent when I thanked Marshal.

And the maniacal laughter was a joke.  I will explain it.  There
are those that love the command line and those that don't.  I was
poking fun at the debate.  Why have only 1 terminal when you can
have 20? (That was also a joke.)

-T