Multiple screens with multiple workspaces?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 00:49:54 CET 2017

On 11/11/17 19:14, houghi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used to have a PC with an NVidia card and I used the propriatary
> drivers and did configuration with nvidia-settings. That way I was able
> to get my multiple monitors run multiple workspaces individually.
> Downside was no dragging from monitor to monitor. Updise was that if I
> changed the workspace from one monitor, it would not change it on the
> other monitor. To me personally, that is the best way to do it
> (Personal, not trying to convert anybody)
>
> I have a new PC that has 2 HDMI (and a DVI) and with XFCE I have the
> ability to to have them either mirror the screens, or have them as one
> big workspace (Xinerama).
>
> That means if I watch a movie on Monitor 1, I can not change the
> workspace on monitor 2, as that would change it on monitor 1 as well. So
> how can I turn off Xinerama, while it won't be mirro >
> Is there a way to easily do this?

When extending, how about 'pinning' your video player to all workspaces?
i.e. in the window options for your video player accessed either from
the top-left icon in the window or with the ALT+SPACE key you select
'Always visible on workspace'. In this way when you move to other
workspaces the video player is still visible on the monitor where you
placed it.

My two cents.
Lorenzo.