trackpoint middle-button problem

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Wed Jan 25 18:33:57 CET 2017

Running current ARCH with Xfce on Lenovo X1 Carbon, I'm having a
curious problem with the middle button of the IBM TrackPoint. It works
fine for (e.g.) pasting the X-selection in a terminal window, but
clicking it on the Xfce desktop is not displaying a window list, even
though "Show window list menu on desktop middle click" is checked
under Settings, Desktop. The TrackPoint is enabled under "Mouse and
Touchpad", and the left and right TrackPoint buttons work OK on the
desktop. The middle button does nothing on the desktop.

I'm pretty sure the middle-button window list _was_ working some time
ago. Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics