[solved] Missing icon for Mail Reader in application menu

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Dec 4 19:51:57 CET 2017

On 2017-12-04 16:47, Paul Menzel wrote:
<snip>

> But that gave the correct hint. After finding out, that the listed
> applications are configured in `/etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu`
> [1], looking at the definition for the mail reader
> `/usr/share/applications/exo-mail-reader.desktop` shows,
> *internet-mail* is used for the icon.
>
> Exo 0.10.7 from 2015 is installed here. Looking at the file from the
> latest Exo, shows the new name is `emblem-mail` [2], shipped also in
> Adwaita 3.26.0.
>
> So updating Exo will fix this.

I know it is stated as solved, but just an idea for in the future:
Install "alacarte". It will make it easy to edit your menus. It will
show up as "Main Menu" in Settings.I have removed a LOT that I do not
use and yet don't want to uninstall.
I have added a submenu with everything I use most, so I need to scroll
less.

To me this should be added by default. Not sure if tghis woulkd be up to
XFCE or the distro, but without it, the expericen of XFCE can be very
frustating.

Obviously you can even add or edit anything to what you desire. e.g.
change synaptic-pkexec to 'sudo /usr/sbin/synaptic', but it is my go-to
tool for anything meny related.

HTH for in the future,
houghi