Creating a very isolated desktop: disable Window operations menu

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Thu Aug 17 15:58:16 CEST 2017

On 2017-08-17 12:52, Danny Smit wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. For a browser like application it may work.

For most it will.

> But I have still some doubts for a more complex application, say a
> gimp like application, with a main window positioned at the background
> and floating subwindows that can freely be positioned by the user in
> front of the background window. Of course it is possible to have the
> subwindows as tabs or panels, but that is sub-optimal for the user
> experience.

There is only one way to be sure and that is by trying it out. And if
what you want is not exactly possible, you need to decide what you want
to give up.
1) Security by giving users more access and potentially ruin the server
and more.
2) User experience and users unwilling to use it and potentially leave
and not have users any more.

Obviously you need to ask the end user if the first option is that
terrible or if it just you who thinks it would be terrible.

Kind regards,

houghi