editing applications menu?

Kai-Martin Knaak knaak at iqo.uni-hannover.de
Wed Oct 5 18:48:39 CEST 2016

On  5. Oktober 2016 Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
wrote:

> I want to modify the application menu (Xfce 4.12).
> When I call Setting->"Menu Editor" the program menulibre is started.
> I can only modify or add new items, but I cannot remove items.
>
> For example, how can I delete the second item "Mail Reader" in the
> main list?

$ menulibre
 -> click on "Mail Reader"
    -> Hide from menus
       -> click on the on/off toggle switch
 -> click on "save launcher" (second button in top left of the  window)

> And I still have the problem: when I change ANYTHING with menulibre
> the application menu is gone.
> Neither right-click on desktop
> background nor "xfdesktop --menu" work any more.

works over here on Debian/testing

BTW, if menulibre fails to fulfill your expectaions, maybe alacarte
will the trick.

---<)kaimartin(>---

Kai-Martin Knaak		           knaak at iqo.uni-hannover.de
Universität Hannover, Inst. f. Quantenoptik    tel: +49-511-762-2895
Welfengarten 1, 30167 Hannover                 fax: +49-511-762-2211
GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=Knaak+kmk&op=get