Xfwm4 focus settings need some love!

Teresa e Junior teresaejunior at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 22:04:33 CEST 2016

Hello! Long time Xfce4 user, but first time posting on the mailing lists!

I wanted to adjust the Xfcw4 settings so the focus is not stolen when
I'm typing, but I have noticed the following happens:

"Automatically give focus to newly created windows" only seems to work
when "Focus follows mouse" is set (this should be either fixed or the
option grayed out with Focus on click).

"Activate focus stealing prevention" is supposed to do what I wanted,
preventing the focus to be stolen while I'm typing, but it also only
seems to work when "Focus follows mouse" is set.

"Automatically raise windows when they receive focus" is supposed to
work with "Focus follows mouse", so I guess the option should be grayed out.

It would be great too if all focus settings were available in a single
dialog (some are in Window manager settings, and others in Window
manager tweaks).

Thank you for your attention!