[SOLVED] Re: Workspace switcher not wrapping

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Thu Mar 12 17:00:30 CET 2015

On 03/12/15 15:03, Steve Dodier-Lazaro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's been disabled, as scrolling is usually rather imprecise and
> removing workspace wrap creates "buffer zones" where the user knows they
> can reliably and quickly move to.

I wonder, though, why not put an option in the GUI about this?

> If you want to restore the previous
> behaviour, you can modify the Xfconf settings for your panel plugin and
> set "wrap-workspaces" to true. If you have a single workspace plugin,
> the following command should do exactly that:
>
> xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/plugin-`xfconf-query -c
> xfce4-panel -l | grep wrap | head -n 1 | cut -d"-" -f2 | cut -d"/"
> -f1`/wrap-workspaces -s true

Does not work, unfortunately.
It looks like:
_ my "Workspace plugin" has another name;
_ this property does not exist and must be created.

This command did the trick:
> xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/plugin-4/wrap-workspaces -s true --create -t bool

Thanks a lot.

  bye
	av.

P.S.
I'm missing a few other options (e.g. windows borders and title sizes
which are a lot bigger than they were in 4.10 and can make a difference
on a 10" display); is there a full list?