Workspace switcher not wrapping

Steve Dodier-Lazaro sidi at xfce.org
Thu Mar 12 15:03:37 CET 2015

Hi,

It's been disabled, as scrolling is usually rather imprecise and removing
workspace wrap creates "buffer zones" where the user knows they can
reliably and quickly move to. If you want to restore the previous
behaviour, you can modify the Xfconf settings for your panel plugin and set
"wrap-workspaces" to true. If you have a single workspace plugin, the
following command should do exactly that:

xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel -p /plugins/plugin-`xfconf-query -c xfce4-panel
-l | grep wrap | head -n 1 | cut -d"-" -f2 | cut -d"/" -f1`/wrap-workspaces
-s true

Cheers,

On 12 March 2015 at 13:42, Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm using XFCE on FreeBSD.
>
> I have 12 workspaces configured and in "Window Manager Tweaks" I enabled
> "Wrap workspaces when the first or the last workspace is reached".
> If I use the mouse wheel on the desktop this works.
>
> I also have a "Workspace switcher" on the panel and I can change workspace
> with the mouse wheel on it; here however it won't wrap.
>
> This used to work until I upgraded to 4.12.
> Any hint?
>
>  bye & Thanks
>         av.

Steve Dodier-Lazaro