Xfce4-quicklauncher

Rich D amerigena at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 02:23:02 CET 2015

This is a first time post to this list - not really an advanced Xfce
user, but wanted to upgrade my vanilla Xubuntu 14.04.2 install to 4.12.
Which I did via PPA. Afterwards, xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin (1.9.1)
stopped working. Did an apt-cache policy on the plugin - it was the only
one available, and then a websearch. Found a Fedora version, 1.9.2.
Downloaded the tarball, ran ./configure and got this error :

checking for libxfce4panel-1.0 >= 4.3.20... not found
*** The required package libxfce4panel-1.0 was not found on your system.
*** Please install libxfce4panel-1.0 (atleast version 4.3.20) or adjust
*** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
*** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
*** pkg-config is able to find it.

I did an apt-cache search for libxfce4panel - couldn't find it. I'm
assuming that this is a Fedora package which has no equivalent in Debian
/ Ubuntu.

RD - amerigena