DELAYED: Preferred Applications - webbrowser settings ignored

Friedrich Strohmaier gmane at bits-fritz.de
Fri Mar 6 16:29:31 CET 2015

Hi @ll,

As I expect 4.12 in the (arch-)loop, I delay this until 4.12 arriving on my system.
Because I consider this a bug I'll file then against xfce4.12 if persisting.

Friedrich

Am 02.03.2015 um 23:31 schrieb Friedrich Strohmaier:
> Hi Marshall, *,
>
> Am 02.03.2015 um 01:24 schrieb Marshall Neill:
>> I checked my .local/share/applications/Firefox Web Browser (via thunar) then opening was as follows
>
>> Exec=/usr/bin/firefox %u
>
>> so you can see the parameter is not %s but %u
>
>> See if that helps.
>
> I tried to change this via the dialog - the "%u" was "completed" with an "%s".
> Editing custom-WebBrowser.desktop manually solved this, but did not change
> anything regarding the behaviour of firefox.
>
>> On 03/01/2015 04:07 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>>> $ cat .local/share/xfce4/helpers/custom-WebBrowser.desktop
>>> [Desktop Entry]
>>> NoDisplay=true
>>> Version=1.0
>>> Encoding=UTF-8
>>> Type=X-XFCE-Helper
>>> X-XFCE-Category=WebBrowser
>>> X-XFCE-CommandsWithParameter=/home/me/lib/firefox/firefox "%s"
>>> Icon=firefox
>>> Name=firefox