ANNOUNCE: xfdashboard 0.3.8 released

Olivier Duchateau duchateau.olivier at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 17:11:33 CET 2015

On Sat, 24 Jan 2015 15:16:55 +0100
Stephan Haller <nomad at froevel.de> wrote:

> xfdashboard-0.3.8 "Call me whenever you want" was released on 2015-01-24.
>
> This is a development release.
>

> About xfdashboard
> =================
>
> Maybe a Gnome shell like dashboard for Xfce
>
> Website:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de
>
> Documentation:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/doc.html
>
> Bugs/issues/enhancements:
>   https://github.com/gmc-holle/xfdashboard/issues
>
> FAQ:
>   http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/faq.html
>

> Release notes for 0.3.8
> ========================
>
> * New feature: Implemented a hotkey tracker. When xfdashboard
>   runs in daemon mode and hotkey is enable you can now start
>   xfdashboard by pressing the Super key (aka Windows key)
>   regardless which application is currently the focused one.
> * Handle keys PageUp, PageDown, PageLeft (Ctrl+PageUp by default)
>   and PageRight (Ctrl+PageDown by default) at all focusable
>   actors.
> * Added tooltips to settings dialog
> * Fixed installing an image of default image again. This was
>   missed at last release
> * Allow icon of search provider in search view result container
>   to be themable (#46)
> * Added command-line parameter "--restart" to application to
>   allow replacing a running instance
>

> Download
> ========
>
> http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.3.8.tar.gz
> http://xfdashboard.froevel.de/releases/xfdashboard-0.3.8.tar.bz2

Thanks, for this new release.

Sorry, I don't have Github account, but it's not really an issue.

I noticed with FreeBSD when xfdashboard is build with Clang, compilation fails (complete log [1]).

Everything is fine if I add -Wno-return-type option to compiler.

Previous releases were not affected by this issue.

Regards

[1] https://people.freebsd.org/~olivierd/build-xfdashboard-0.3.8.log

olivier