Solved - Re: notebook-monitor mirroring not working on Fedora 22

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Aug 14 14:26:26 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-14 13:55, Robert Moskowitz wrote:

> That is what I am thinking.  That Power Manager REALLY turns the video
> off, rather than sending a 'blank' screen which still leaves the back
> light on.  But on both notebooks, I have screensaver set at 10min and
> power manager at 12min.  Just strange.
>
> Is the power manager program something I can run by itself like you can
> xflock4?

Take a look at 'man xset'. That is how I turn off some things. In
.xsessionrc I have, among other things, the following:

xset -dpms
xset s off
setxkbmap -option compose:caps

First turns off dp,s, so my monitor goes never to sleep.
The second turns off the screensaver
The third sets capslock to the compose key

houghi