emulate middle mouse button?

Genghis Khan genghiskhan at gmx.ca
Sat May 17 19:50:01 CEST 2014

On Sat, 17 May 2014 17:50:43 +0200
Ulli Horlacher <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:

> On Sat 2014-05-17 (15:57), Genghis Khan wrote:
>
> > Maybe xdotool would be a better solution for you.
> > See section MOUSE COMMANDS in "man xdotool".
> >
> > Example for keyboard keys:
> > xdotool key Return key X key F key C key E
>
> Great! Thanks!

You are welcome! I am glad you find it useful.

If I were you, I would have sent a bug report to X11 so that in future
GNU/Linux releases, the desired behaviour would be set out-of-the-box.

> > > No key, just simultaneous click of both right and left mouse
> > > buttons.
>
> As I wrote before (see above): pressing both mouse buttons on this
> special device does not work.
>

> > Is it possible to emulate middle mouse button in that way by
> > clicking on touch pad with two fingers?
>
> No.

@Ron, what would be your answer to this?

My guess is that it is possible since this is the behaviour of a 7 year
old Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop I posses.