Devilspie only working in DISPLAY=:0.0

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Mon Mar 3 12:43:52 CET 2014

I am working with Devilspie for a few years now. I am now. Since I am
using Debian Jessie, Devilspie only acts on programs on DISPLAY=:0.0

There are some things I can do with wmctrl (like lower the windows) but I
am unable for some progranms to remove the decoration. Or more precise,
the titlebar. Only on certain programs. Other programs should still show
it.

When I run the program (e.g. liferea, iceweasel, xfce4-terminal, ...) on
0.0, the titlebar is not visible when running devilspie.
When I run the same program on 0.1, 0.2 or 0.3, running devilspie has no
effect whatsoever.

Running maximized or fullscreen is not a solution as I want to have
liferea next to iceweasel. I just do not want to see the titlebar on
certain programs when they are on a certain screen.

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: