Many GTK warnings

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Mar 2 20:41:21 CET 2014

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 02:06:45PM -0500, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> It doesn't. There are plenty of GTK programs that don't throw any
> warnings. However, I agree it's much more common that one would
> like.

A nice example is yad. When you run `yad --calendar` you get two lines of
errors.
GtkSettings::gtk-button-images and GtkSettings::gtk-label-select-on-focus
When you run `yad --calendar --no-buttons` you get no error untill your
mouse goes over the window.
So no gtk-button-images errors as no buttons are shown. The second error
only when there is a focus.

Gimp hits a few more:
houghi at penne : gimp 2>error.txt && cat error.txt |grep WARNING| \
	awk -F:: '{print $NF}'|awk '{print $1}'gtk-can-change-accels
gtk-menu-popup-delay
gtk-menu-popdown-delay
gtk-label-select-on-focus
gtk-button-images
gtk-entry-select-on-focus
gtk-entry-password-hint-timeout
gtk-scrolled-window-placement
gtk-menu-images
gtk-menu-bar-popup-delay

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: