Many GTK warnings

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Sun Mar 2 20:05:09 CET 2014

On Sun, Mar 02, 2014 at 12:18:03PM -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> This was a policy change in GLib 2.38.
>
>         "installing properties on a GObjectClass must now be done from
>          class_init.  It is no longer valid to install them after
>          class_init has returned." [1]
>
> Older programs and perhaps some language bindings (I seem to recall
> gtkmm, but I may be mistaken) may still be attempting this.
>
> The GtkSettings warnings are presumably fixed in a newer GTK+ than
> whatever you're using.  The GnomeProgram warnings come from libgnome,
> which is an old deprecated library and will probably never be fixed.

I removed libgnome and some programs that can't run without it. Still the
same issue. Due to going to XFCE 4.10 I now have GTK2 and GTK3 mixed, so
that could be the issue.

Would going from wheezy to jessie (testing) solve the issue?

Going back to XFCE 4.8 would not be as nice. ;-)

houghi
--
This is written under the inluence of the following: