Getting to mount

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 22:42:08 CEST 2014

On Sat, 26 Jul 2014 00:55:43 +0200, Stephan Haller wrote:

> I do not get an icon on the desktop either when I plug-in an external
> device. But I do see the newly plug-in device in Thunar, Xfce's file
> manager. This device is still unmounted but will be mounted immediately
> as soon as I select it in Thunar.
>
> Do you see your devices in Thunar?

	No, I don't, despite an afternoon of combing through it. Can you
describe how you get into Thunar, and where in it you find the links? Do
the devices have to be running for you to see them? Or can you, for
instance, find a quiescent tablet in Thunar and open it from there?

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.