Using Gnome-Shell search providers in xfdashboard?

Stephan Haller nomad at froevel.de
Tue Jul 22 21:57:20 CEST 2014

Hi everybody,

I was thinking about extending xfdashboard's search capabilities by
using Gnome search providers which were introduced with Gnome 3.

Search providers could extend the search capabilities by also listing
matching mails, conversations, web searches etc. But I do not use any
Gnome application which provides such a search provider.

So my question is: Do you have any application installed which also
installs such a search provider? They should be usually found
at /usr/share/gnome-shell/search-providers if I understood the
documentation. What do you think about implementing it?

Greetings,
Stephan