gedit renders without a window frame

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Wed Jul 9 23:00:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

Kai-Martin Knaak, 09.07.2014 21:55:
> jEsuSdA 8) wrote:
>> I think the natural replacements for Gnome apps is Mate apps.
>
>> Eye of Mate -> Eye of Gnome
>
> Hmm.
> I use gthumb for screening of photos and images. It can to rename the
> image. There is even an utility to mass rename according to user specified
> rules.

There also is one in Thunar, is that one missing something for you?

> This is out of scope for eog and consequently not provided by eom,
> either. Unfortunately, current gthumb also suffers from the no-frame-no-
> menu syndrome. Any recommendation for a lean alternative?

If you want really lightweight viewers I can recommend Geeqie or Ristretto.

>> Engrampa -> File Roller
>
> For some reason, I never felt the need to use file roller in the first
> place. I just use the command line tools.

Extracting archives easily through the context menu is always nice. ;-)
Also File Roller is the only archiver I know which is smart upon
extraction: you never end up with multiple files extracted to the
current directory; it automatically puts them into a subdirectory if
there is none in the archive.

Regards, Mathias