gedit renders without a window frame

Damien Moore damien at dataconduction.com
Thu Jul 10 20:41:07 CEST 2014

On Wed, 09 Jul 2014 18:40:38 +0200 "jEsuSdA 8)" <listas at jesusda.com> wrote:

> I think the natural replacements for Gnome apps is Mate apps.
> They are mantained, updated, and using GTK2 with all the power they had
> when Gnome2 was alive. ;)
>

> If you are using Debian, mate desktops and apps could be found in the
> official repositories.
>
> MATE == GNOME
>
> Caja -> Nautilus
> Pluma -> Gedit
> Eye of Mate -> Eye of Gnome
> Atril -> Evince
> Engrampa -> File Roller
> Mate Terminal -> Gnome Terminal
>
> As you can see, Pluma can be used instead Gedit. It is fast, has plugins
> and it works fine inside our dear XFCE. ;)
>
> Cheers!

Is it possible to get the Caja file manager to work inside Xfce without
wrecking the desktop environment? I tried installing from the Debian
backports repository using Synaptic, and it seemed to work, but a lot of
other things happened which were not wanted. By the bye, Caja has the
very useful "Find file" menu item which seems to be missing from Thunar.

Damien Moore