Xfce is very slow, part 2

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 22:16:37 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 22:01 +0000, Maximilien Noal wrote:
> And I have no swap, as it is useless with 6 GB of RAM.

I completely agree with your other opinions regarding to RAM, I already
mentioned something nearly equal, but here you're mistaken. You would
need a swap for suspend to disk, aka hibernate, resp. you seem not to
need it, but the swap isn't useless per se, just regarding to 6 G(i)B. I
suspect it should be GiB.

vmsfat might give useful information about the speed when using the
swap? Perhaps there still is something fishy with the HDD. For good
reasons I hot glued the SATA connector in my machine.