OT: Xfce is very, very, very slow

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 16:31:36 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 15:59 +0100, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> Your attempts to give constructive feedback to the original poster are
> much valued

And it's important not to write to much useless mails, IOW not only to
criticize that I mentioned two times Arch Linux, while I also was
replying to the content of another mail. Just criticizing Arch and not
to contribute something useful makes it hard to follow the thread, at
least marking the subject as OT would have been appropriated.

> For the record Enrico, is an old-time contributor to Xfce, and as such
> he is within his rights to make useless and unnecessary puns that the
> audience around here might find funny.

That doesn't explain why there is the need to reply to his mail with:
> Seconded. :)
>

> Liviu
- http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2014-January/032869.html

Why? Because it's a good idea to solve the OP's issue?

I often experienced that on *buntu's Xfce Evolution was that
slow/broken, that it was impossible to use. Perhaps it's for GNOME apps
using them on *buntu like that?

If so it must be related to a bad setting, something unneeded is running
or something needed doesn't run, since on distros where you _need_ to
set up everything on your own, something like this unlikely will happen.

If you guys aren't serious, just kidding, than please mark your mails as
jokes. Not everybody is a native English speaker, not everybody has got
the same knowledge, not everybody has got the same sense of good or bad
humor.

Resume:

_Next time when making a joke that looks like a hint and especially when
adding a "+1" only to this joke/hint mark the message as [joke] or with
"OT"._

TIA,
Ralf