OT: Xfce is very, very, very slow

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Tue Jan 14 17:44:20 CET 2014

On 14 January 2014 17:31, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> And it's important not to write to much useless mails, IOW not only to
> criticize that I mentioned two times Arch Linux, while I also was
> replying to the content of another mail. Just criticizing Arch and not
> to contribute something useful makes it hard to follow the thread, at
> least marking the subject as OT would have been appropriated.

Ralf, what do you mean by "useless mails"? Mails that only answer
"That is ok." when no one is actually asking anything? Or mails that
repeat over and over the same things about yourself running with only
1GB of memory without adding anything relevant to the discussion?

Flooding this list with such mails doesn't make you invulnerable to
people correcting your assertions when they find them inaccurate, such
as proclaiming Arch Linux as a "stable distribution" that will cure
the poster's problem, when its aim is actually to be "bleeding edge".

And besides the spammy mails and inacurracies, let's not forget about
the dirty words. You may not realize it now, but things you say on a
public mailing list such as this one are archived on the Internet for
a loong time and are highly ranked by search engines. So you may want
to stop making a fool of yourself here, you own it to your future
self...

Thanks,

--
mișu