OT: Xfce is very, very, very slow

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 15:28:18 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 15:14 +0100, Liviu Andronic wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 15:01 +0200, Mișu Moldovan wrote:
> >> Ralf, calm down and take a break. You aren't helping much, just
> >> spamming everyone on this list and insulting whenever contradicted.
> > You are a troll. Why do you again mention Arch? Post any link to a mail
> > where you tried helping the OP! And than compare it with the
> > troubleshooting I provided!
> >
> > And here is the link to the archive:
> >
> > http://mail.xfce.org/pipermail/xfce/2014-January/thread.html
> >
> > I won't reply again you troll! Shut up!
> >
> Ralf, please do hear out these people. I've noticed your name on the
> Xubuntu mailing lists some time ago, and recently on the Xfce ML. And
> let me tell you that you're not always particularly constructive, and
> sometimes you disregard civility. Ubuntu MLs seems more tolerant with
> such behaviour, but insulting Mișu by calling him a "troll" (for not
> much if anything) or shouting on him to "shut up" is pretty much
> unacceptable in these lands. Please reconsider how you behave (even
> when you're certain of being right!).

I mentioned Arch, you discouraged to use gedit. Your impression is
wrong! Simply search the Archive for my name and your name and you'll
notice who wrote more less useful mails and who gave more useful hints.
Why can't you guys not simply stop this discussion and contribute
something useful, especial if your preferred distos are *buntu and/or
Debian, you should have more knowledge how to troubleshoot *buntu. I'm a
Debain and *buntu user too, but Arc is my main distro.

"% sudo apt-get install geany && apt-get purge gedit" and flame against
me for sure is less helpful than to take a look at ~/.xsession-errors,
adding a new user, asking for the output of smartctl -a.

How exactly should "% sudo apt-get install geany && apt-get purge gedit"
help Hartmut to solve the issue? Correct me if I'm wrong! I'm willing to
learn.