OT: Xfce is very, very, very slow

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Tue Jan 14 14:52:13 CET 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 13:37 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> since Debian and *buntu are that good as you claim, simply help Hartmut
> to solve the issue ;). It now takes days and nobody of us was able to
> help Hartmut.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

[SNIP RALF'S GRAND STANDING]
You can't help him either... for all your pomposity.

Ralf, I've not had *ANY* problem like Harmut's with Debian *NOR* Ubuntu.
Seeing as you have... says an awful lot. Oh... and Ubuntu has diverged
from Debian quite a lot. So yes, since many packages still work on
Ubuntu from Debian... the same cannot be rightfully said the other way.

Please stop your grandstanding and come to the realization you are just
a fool and believe you are always right.

I know better to know that I don't know everything and don't give
generalizations to fix everyone's problems by switching to Arch Linux.

I've been doing these things for far longer and affected a lot more
using not just Debian and Ubuntu, but Redhat (and derivatives), SuSE
(and derivatives)... I see you only espousing your personal experience
as a fix to everything.

Yep. Others here see it as well.
greg at gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
"You have to make it happen."
    -- Denis Diderot