OT: Xfce is very, very, very slow

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 13:37:58 CET 2014

Hi Greg,

since Debian and *buntu are that good as you claim, simply help Hartmut
to solve the issue ;). It now takes days and nobody of us was able to
help Hartmut.

Regards,
Ralf

PS:

I don't experience such issues as K3b can't find a media, but Brasero
can, when using Arch, or such an issue as Hartmut does experience, or
upstream asking me to use the current stable release from upstream
instead of a broken deb, e.g. for Evolution or that jackd packages links
incorrect, because Debian and *buntu split stuff from upstream, that
btw. gives many people the impression that Debian and *buntu do provide
most software, but it isn't that way, they simply split stuff ... I not
only install Debian, *buntu and Arch, I also use all three distros. If
YMMV it's good, most people experience it different to you and they
relax after they switched to Arch.

It can't harm to install several distros and to compare them for a
while. I also have e.g. Suse installed, but I already dislike the
package management. JFTR building a DEB IMO also is harder to do than
building Arch packages and that Arch provides FreeBSD like ports (just
easier to use than for FreeBSD) also is an advantage.

I could procure evidences for my claim, but it's OT, time consuming and
most people seem to be bound to a distro.

Form me there isn't a best distro, you got me wrong, I always use the
distro that is working without issues, yes, I'm switching distros if
needed, but since my main distro is Arch, there isn't the need to do it
at the moment.

However, since Debian and *buntu are that good as you claim, simply help