Thunar 1.6.3

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 20:38:30 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Hartmut Haase <hha4491 at web.de> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>>
>> The minimal packages required for XFCE ( at least in my Linux from
>> scratch) are:
>>

>> libwnck yes
>> xfce4-panel yes
>> xfce4-settings yes
>> xfce4-session yes
>> xfwm4 yes
>> xfdesktop yes
>> xfce4-appfinder yes
>> gtk-xfce-engine no

HI Hartmut

This might be a must for XFCE

>> tumbler yes
>> Thunar yes
>> at-spi2-atk no
>> at-spi2-core yes
>> iceauth no (does not exist in Xubuntu 14.04)

That is fine , iceauth is just used to edit and display the
authorization information used in connecting with ICE. This program is
usually used to extract authorization records from one machine and
merge them in on another (as is the case when using remote logins or
granting access to other users).

>> libpng yes
>> xfce4-terminal yes
>> polkit yes (libpolkit)
>> upower yes

>> tango-icon-theme no
>> clearsans-fonts no

Just for UI

>> xauth yes
>> xinit yes
>> xrdb no (does not exist in Xubuntu 14.04)

X server resource database utility.

>> xfce4-dev-tools yes
>> libxfce4util yes
>> xfconf yes
>> cairo yey libcairo
>> harfbuzz yes (libharfbuzz)
>> pango yes (libpango
>> jpeg yes (libjpeg
>> atk  yes (libatk)
>> gdk-pixbuf yes (libgdk-pixbuf)
>> gtk+ no (does not exist in Xubuntu 14.04)
You should have it , I gess but with another name

GTK is really important for the graphical interface
http://www.gtk.org/

>> libxfce4ui yes
>> garcon yes (libgarcon)
>> exo yes

When I build Thunar by my self I used the version 1.4.0 and worked
just fine , I will test this new version 1.6.3 and let you know if I
can reproduce the same error , is that ok ?

The build requirents for Thunar are :

glib-2.0
libxfce4util-1.0
gtk+-2.0