maximum window size

Gene Mosher gene at viewtouch.com
Fri Dec 5 23:33:20 CET 2014

On 12/05/2014 09:32 AM, Hartmut Haase wrote:
> Hi,
> the same happens if I open a second window on a desktop.
When Xfce 4.10 arrived it changed the default behavior of Xfce 4.08.  In
4.08 Panels did not jump on top of Windows, but in 4.10 Panels do jump
on top of Windows, and applications, even.    This is called 'struts'.
There is a page about how to make Panels continue to behave in 4.10 as
they did in 4.08.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=111926

I personally wish that this 'hidden' property could be accessed in the
Panel GUI, turned on or off, (it's a boolean, true or false).  I am one
who does not want Xfce Panels popping up over windows and jumping into
my application.  Whoever decided to change the default on struts should
have taken a few moments to enhance the GUI to include a box we could
check to indicate whether we want the behavior we had in 4.8 or the
behavior that someone decided we would all have to accept as a change in
4.10.